Exporting data from ERAS is done in two phases:
- Candidate Data Fields (CSV)
- Candidate Documents (PDF)
Note that ERAS has a little arrow next to the select all checkmark that allows you to select all candidates across all pages (For when you have more candidates than will fit on a single page). This may save you time when selecting candidates to export CSV or PDF data.
Exporting Candidate Data Fields (CSV)
Exporting data from ERAS, requires a template. We’ll guide you through selecting which candidate fields to include when exporting data for RezRATE.
You can use this template each time you need to export the same fields for a different set of candidates or when candidate data has been updated.
Additional ERAS and PDWS support can be found at the Association of American Medical Colleges.
How to Create a New Template
- Select Exports from the Applications menu.
- On the Exports tab, click the Add Export Template button.
- Enter a name for the template in the CSV Export Name box. This is the template name and is not tied to the candidate selection. We recommend something like “RezRATE Data Fields”.
- Select Type of data to export from the drop-down. The type of data selected controls the fields listed in the Available Fields box.
- Drag the desired fields from the Available Fields box on the left to the Fields to Export list on the right. Note that the order of this data does not affect the RezRATE import process.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each type of data.
- After selecting all the desired fields, click Save & Run from the Run menu.
- Click the OK button. The export is scheduled and the status appears in the CSV Exports panel on the lower-right area of the screen:
Here is a list of fields we recommend exporting for RezRATE organized by “Type of data to export”.
While we recommend you export all of the fields listed below, those marked with ‘*’ are required. Additional data fields are supported. For a full list of supported fields, navigate to Settings → Candidates Settings → Manage Fields in RezRATE.
- Medical Degree*
- Medical School of Graduation
- Medical Education or Training Interrupted
- COMLEX-USA Level 1 Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 CE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 PE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 3 Score
- ECFMG Certified
- USMLE Step 1 Score
- USMLE Step 2 CK Score
- USMLE Step 2 CS Score
- USMLE Step 3 Score
- AAMC ID*
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Yes/No)
- Couples – Partner Name
- Couples – Partner Specialty
- First Name*
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (Yes/No)
- Hobbies and Interests*
- Language Fluency*
- Last Name*
- Middle Name
- Military Branch
- Military Service Obligation
- Military Service Years Remaining
- NRMP ID
- Preferred Name
- Preferred Phone*
- Sigma Sigma Phi (Yes/No)
- Visa Sponsorship Needed
- Visa Sponsorship Sought
- Count of Oral Presentation
- Count of Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
- Count of Peer Reviewed Online Publication
- Count of Poster Presentation
When dealing with a filtered list of candidates, you can utilize the actions menu to select CSV Export to initiate the process using the template created above.
Completed CSV Exports can be found in the Bulk Print Requests.
Once you have your CSV file in hand, it’s time to import your candidates to RezRATE.
Exporting Candidate Documents (PDF)
For Phase 2, you’ll need to export the documents for the candidates you want to import into RezRATE.
Common file exports include:
- MyERAS Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs)
- Letters of Recommendation (LoRs)
- Personal Statements
Note: ERAS exports photos as a PDF – You can skip this file. Your congratulations template can request candidates to upload their photo directly to RezRATE to save you time.
While it is possible to group all documents together, evaluators will have the best experience if you export each document type individually.
To bulk export documents, you must first select the candidate(s) you want to include in the export. You can export documents for all candidates at once.
- Navigate to Applications → View Current Results
- Select all candidates you wish to export documents for (Note you can use the arrow next to the top checkmark to select from all pages)
- Select View/Print Application from the Actions dropdown menu
- Select a document type (One at a time)
- Name the Print Job – Include the document type and describe the group of candidates you selected in step 2
- Insure Print each application to a separate PDF IS selected
- Click Request Print
- Repeat steps 3-7 for each document type you want to export
- Navigate to Applications → View Current Results → Bulk Print Requests to download your files (This may take some time to process)
After downloading the files from ERAS, you’re ready to start importing candidate documents to RezRATE.